I don't know what to do

My mom burst out of anger and went emotional after I told her that I had spent her money on donating to Palestine, which she usually does lend is when I need to order food, or do manicure. Is that a bad thing? I just want to know for certain.

1 Heart

Was she mad because of the money or cause. Just as an FYI, it has been proven that Hamas diverts funds that should rightly go to the people or Palestine. Maybe that is why she was upset?

The money. And she would insist that I shouldn’t because there could be scams, but even if I’m unemployed, I wanted to try at least give a hand.

1 Heart

I guess it comes down to you used her money and didn’t ask?

1 Heart

That was nice of you to think of them. Im sure your right she might of thought it went to the wrong people. :people_hugging:

Hello @KidDJ. Sorry to hear that this happened. Maybe the issue wasn’t about the money or even the cause, but simply about the lack of communication. Sometimes that is the underlying reason why she is upset. Talk to her and explain your side of the story, as conversations are so helpful when you are confused. Hope this helps!

No, I didn’t.

Yeup. She doesn’t know that situation better than me, because I’ve seen more than she has.

Believe me, I did try, and she went bonkers and cut the conversation shortly after and I had to sleep in my room without her.

You tried to do a good thing and it backfired on you. I’m sorry to hear you had to deal with that, but it does not make you a bad person! As others have suggested, try having a conversation with her about how best to support those innocents who are suffering. And try not to be too hard on yourself :slight_smile: Take care.

1 Heart

Im sorry she will not communicate with you. Keep your head up. :people_hugging: hugs.

2 Hearts

I don’t want to get all political, but if my parents think they know more about politics than I do, then I hope history will convince them, otherwise, I will not be discussing any controversial topics about that millennial shit because I know they’re unknowingly spreading some propaganda and it’s time for me to trust my intuitions, not words. Here’s an update: my dad attacked me for donating to Palestinians and he believes that I’m giving all the cash to Hamas, which I’m also against that, and no matter how much I tried to explain the full story, he wouldn’t get the message, so instead of listening, he insisted on supporting Ukraine by donating 5 euros per month as a way to cleanse my sins. I had no other options, but to accept the offer, and it’s even worse when he threathened to delete my Facebook account if I ever mention about Palestine again. That’s the part where it scares me. I’m almost 20 fucking years old, and my parents still have to treat me like a kid. Fuck my life.

I don’t think it’s worth to give it another go, so I’ll let it slide. As lazy as it sounds, there are some certain things that I don’t like talking about with my parents, especially if they don’t know specific details and they’ll give out wrong advices. It’s always good to believe in your abilities and your intelligence.

Fair enough, it sounds like you’ve tried your best to connect with your parents and they, as you say, just want to treat you as a kid. Put your effort into being the best person you can be, ideally without pushing their buttons! The sooner you can be more or less financially independent, the better. What is the state of your life from that point of view? Is there a path forward?

That’s a very good question, but sadly, I don’t know what to point out since some things can gradually change over time. If you want to know what is my point of view, I know for a fact that people change and go, or stay with you for the rest of my life, not everything’s black and white, it comes down to each individual. Everybody deserves peace and love, no matter their nations’ history. At the end of the day, I value freedom and true justice.

1 Heart

I think it is important to be passionate about what you believe in, to send money to causes worthy (as long it is your money to spend) and to do your due diligence to make sure the money is going to who you think it is. Just remember though, you still live at home and it is hard for parents not to see you as their child and not as an adult if the roles have never changed (not trying to shame you-just pointing out where they might be coming from). My parents took the whole approach, my house, my rules, it was nice when I moved out.

2 Hearts

I surprised myself when I was about 19: I not merely moved out, but I moved to another city about 300Km away to work. It was a very interesting year. Among other things my mother died after a long illness, and I had the skills going forward to pay my own way through university - a great relief since my dad didn’t complain nearly as much about my marks :slight_smile: I did live in his basement for a while when I first came “home”, but he wasn’t all that keen on me bringing people home to keep me company, so a year or so later I moved out again and stayed out.

1 Heart

You have to fly the nest at some point right? It is scary and freeing. I feel like I finally figured out just a little who I was outside the nest, still figuring that out, but it has been a interesting ride so far.

1 Heart